Advice for Employees
BPP recognises that employees may be concerned about Swine Flu and require clarification on what to do should they or a direct family member become infected.
We have produced a leaflet for all employees which summarises the latest advice, how to protect yourself, what to do and who to contact should you fall ill, what measures BPP are taking to reduce the spread of Swine Flu in offices and study centres, plus useful contact information.
To download a copy of the leaflet please click on the link below.
Swine Flu Employee Leaflet (2mb pdf)
What to do should you fall ill
The following steps provide basic guidance on what to do if you think you are infected with Swine Flu or have been confirmed as having Swine Flu.
- Stay at home
- Notify your line manager/HR
- Follow the advice and guidance provided by the National Pandemic Flu Service
- Identify a ‘flu buddy’
- Get plenty of rest and retain a good diet to help maintain a healthy immune system
- Keep your line manager informed during your confinement period
If in doubt on what to do, speak to your line manager / HR
Information we require if you fall ill
Please ensure your line manager has the following information:
- Full name
- Work location (if not based in the same building)
- Contact telephone number
If a direct family member who lives with you or who is in regular close proximity to you becomes infected, please notify your line manager of the specific circumstances.